This is my girlfriend Maize. I love her so, she does drives me crazy sometimes, but she is so funny.
With mouse season in full swing, she's decided to bring in a few already in the past few weeks.
This week she decided to bring one in right before church. I knew something was up because she was going crazy by the kitchen stove, running in circles, getting on top of the cupboard which she never does. We pulled out the drawer underneath but couldn't find it. Of course, they hide well!
By Wednesday I had forgotten about it, not giving it much thought. That afternoon I decided to broil some steaks. As the stove heated up so did the aroma from the back of the stove. It was mouse pee!!! I was so disgusted. Not only that but when I went to get the plates out of my cupboard there was mouse poop on the plate. I about died. How sick is that! We were having our RRT meeting here that night and I was so afraid that they would be able to smell that stench.
I was thinking how embarrassing if that little mouse decided to come out when everyone was sitting in my living room. Oh my gosh!
So Thursday I bought some mouse traps. I know nothing of how to set the traps at all, thinking I would set my own finger trying to get it to do it's thing. I was thankful that when I got home my son Scott had stopped by. So we got the cheese out, he set the two traps, one inside the drawer of the bottom of the stove, and one right behind it on a shelf.
I went about my business for about 10-15 minutes, came out to the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard the trap go off. I ran and got Scott, by the time I got to the door to tell him the other trap went off. I was thinking two? OH NO, my house has been invaded with mice... He came in and we could the thing flopping around inside.
Scott pulled out the drawer and there it was still alive. It had tried to get the first piece of cheese but it wasn't able to get it, but the last one got him. Scott took it out and he had to go take care of it as it was suffering.
I love any thing that is living, so killing that little thing was very hard for me. I am very thankful that it is now gone so my house won't be destroyed.
Now comes the fun part of taking everything out of my cupboards and washing them..
Hopefully there won't be any more mice coming in my house again!!! At least I have the traps and will be ready next time.
1 comment:
I see you figured out how to upload your picture.
Post a Comment