It's Labor Day for me today. 26 years ago right now I was in very active labor awaiting my first born, Christopher Randall Shelton. He came into this world at 2:54 PM.
As I look back and remember those very fond memories, every detail that happened, I give thanks to God for giving me a great son.
There were times he wasn't so great, but what Mother doesn't experience that.
He was such a big help to me growing up with his brothers. He was a leader then, just as he is a great leader today. Always willing to go the extra distance.
I was privileged to raise him for 15 years. I take the credit for how he turned out today. There were times I thought differently, but as the years have gone by I can see those things that I taught him those 15 years he was with me, now becoming part of him as he matures.
He has grown into a wonderful man, who dearly loves Me, his family, and his country. For me that is a huge blessing, as raising three boys alone was one of the most challenging and stressful jobs anyone could ever have.
When he was home on leave just 5 weeks ago, I saw big changes in him. Most were for the good. It made me realize that all those years of hard work are paying off today.
I got a surprising phone call this morning from him in Afghanistan. What a thrill to hear his voice on his birthday. Just to know he was thinking of me today on his day, was worth every heart ache, every tear that I have shed.
God is faithful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment